sábado, 25 de janeiro de 2014

THE LEGEND: MR. CARDENAS


Mr Cardenas

‘’I purchase T-BUD from Floyd when he was just a young dog. I was given a choice of either, MOE, MAVERICK, or T-BUD, and I chose T-BUD because I wanted a dog that had a very powerful body! Contrary to what people say, T-BUD is not a CHAMPION. As, a matter of fact, I never matched him! He was rolled over 20 times, and was able to keep all of them on the bottom, but I think someone wanted to hype his reputation up to make their pedigrees look better! He went on to produce dogs such as GR CH LAGANA, whose dam was a gyp that I got from Floyd, GR CH CUERVO, CH CUBO 4W, who beat Sorrell’s CH BUD LIGTH, CH ONE EYE, the great CH MAYA, and a truly uncountable number great dogs!’’



For all of you that don’t know Mr Cardenas, all I need to say is, ‘’Cardenas CH SHORTY!’’ So, sit down and get a confortable and pretend foa minute that you were a fly on the wall… this minute how it went down.
‘’First of ass I’d like to start off by saying that I,d like to give credit to Enrique Morfin. He taught me the true meaning of friendship, generosity, and how to carry myself as a gentleman. He was a man that was truly in it for the dogs, and always kept them first!’’

B.R.K.’S BEAUREGARD (CH SHORTY X CH MAYA)

My first dog a puppy was a that I had purchase from a man that was said to be  famous breeder of fighting dog, I had never seen a fighting dog, but I am the kind that had to have the very best that I could afford , so I was bragging about the merits of my young pup!

‘’I HATE BOBBY HALL AS THE BEST CONDITIONER THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN!’’

At a barbeque, I was showing off my puppy, when a small mutt walker too close to my puppy. I shouted, ‘’Get that dog away from my fighting dog before it gets hurt! I’m not responsible for what it does if your dog gets in range!’’ this happened on two other occasions, that day, and I was getting upset.


Garner’s ROSCO 2W ( A true T-BUD/ZACHARIA bred dog.)

‘’Someone decided to throw some scraps to my young dog, since I had held him in such high esteem, an I was proud of the adoration it was getting! Out of nowhere the mutt appeared and it bit my puppy on the nose! My puppy yelped out in pain, and urinate on the ground! I was so embarrassed that I told it ‘’ I gave you steak and potatoes all your life, and now you will eat dog food’’ it was not long after that I found myself on the yard of Ramiro Morales’’.
Ramiro had dogs that were rich in the old bloodline of Maurice Carver. These dogs were extremely game, and had a lot of ability. I had met Maurice as a young man in the game, and was impressed by the way he carried himself, and the great dogs that he owned! The dogs that I attained from Ramiro were great dogs, but I wants a stronger, more powerful frame. He suggested that I go to America and buy a dog from Mr, Boudreaux! I traveled to see Floyd, and a few other yards that were in the area, and was able to see that I had a lot to learn as a breeder.


Bo Wells CH SCALLAWAG ( A son of ZACHARIA)


My dealings with Floyd turned out to be a happy union. I acquired many good dogs, and was able to branch out and get dogs from Roland Fontenot. Roland sent Ramiro his BOOGER dog, and this dog produced 4xW, CH OLIAS as CH SAFARI (CHAFO). Both dogs were dead game! My BOOGER/MORFIN crosses were good dogs, but they were even better when I crossed them with the dogs I got from Floyd.

‘’IM THE ONLY PERSON THAT CONDITIONED, OR HANDLED CH SHORTY!’’

My personal favorite is ZACHARIA! I saw him rolled at Bo Well’s place, and he put one down in short order. He was the most complete dog that I ever owned, and produce many, many great dogs for me. As a matter of fact, I add a good dose of dogs of his breeding into my present day dogs. Some of my best dogs were down from the MAVERICK/ZACHARIA  crosses.

Back


My CH SHORTY dog was only campaigned by me. I used him against the Bellon Club, and G. Athens, and he gave me 2 other great wins. I let B. Hall use him once, but the show never went off, and it took me months to get him to send to dog back. The true pedigree on CH SHORTY is MOE x ROSE II. I got him as gift from Floyd Boudreaux when he was only 3 months old, and he was truly an ugly puppy. I have seen his son, BRUJO advertised as a GR CH. But this not true!!! He wow one show, and that was it.



I rate B. Hall as the best conditioner that I have ever seen! He had a knack for bringing a dog in ultimate shape, and the dog would be extremely powerful. The other dog never seemed to be able to get to their feet, against a dog that he conditioned, and I liked that fact. He was an advocate of the jenny, and had its uses down to a science.

Mr. Cardenas



"I still tinker around with a few dogs because breeding them will always be in my blood. I no longer campaign them, but I will admit that I miss the old days when we could. If I could leave one thing that I want dog people to remember me by, I would want them to remember to try and carry themselves as gentlemen. It will carry you a long way in the dog game."

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário